While I was at PAX this past weekend I decided I would try my luck asking an official SEGA rep (who were currently promoting/demoing both a Sonic game and Project Diva) whether he knew about Yakuza 5, a game which was released in Japan in December 2012, and if it was ever coming to the US.
He said, “I know a lot” in a somewhat strained manner. After pressing him a bit more and prompting with questions about possible roadblocks, he essentially said that there were currently no plans to take it on.
Unfortunately he said that there weren’t very many fans like me, and if they did decide to localize it would be a long time before we would see the game released here in America. In addition he specifically admitted that the lengthy localization process would not help. However, the way our conversation happened and the way the rep carefully chose his words, it seems like there are bigger issues.
Considering how much I enjoyed Yakuza 3, 4, and Dead Souls (all available for PS3), this does seem like a big blow. I hope they are just hedging their bets and perhaps will revive this series soon.
Not too promising that’s for sure. But saying “there weren’t very many fans like me” is just insulting!
- darthemed likes this
- petuniaonmyforearm likes this
- sh0wh0st likes this
- pltnmghost reblogged this from yakuzafan
- squalldrifter reblogged this from jujujuli
- foalonthehill likes this
- littlebomba reblogged this from yakuzafan
- wolfbender likes this
- isthistakenalready likes this
- jujujuli reblogged this from legionnaireone and added:
- machinegunkiss likes this
- bigbadbro likes this
- legionnaireone reblogged this from yakuzafan and added:
- strawhatjack likes this
- djkroberts likes this
- fuckyeahpso2 likes this
- virtudsin reblogged this from yakuzafan and added:
- dizzydennis reblogged this from yakuzafan and added:
- 8bitwalugi reblogged this from yakuzafan and added:
- sceniclightspeed reblogged this from yakuzafan
- sceniclightspeed likes this
- hajimecrea likes this
- yakuzafan reblogged this from jujujuli and added: